Monday, October 21, 2013

Being in the 2012 Woodward cruise

         It was the day of the 2012 Woodard cruise, we had a 1973, targa, white porsche. We were going to be in the Woodward cruise this year. Since we were going out around 1:50, we decided to take it around the block. My dad turned on the car, a loud booming sound came from the car as soon as we turned it on, then the back pipe started to shoot out smoke, just like all the older cars. I hopped in the back and realized there were no seat belts in the back of the car. But we still drove around the block, it was really cool. The windows were cranked, you cold turn the back part of the window to let in air, and there was only about 5 radio stations! 

         We got back home and ate lunch, watched tv and left. Me and my brother Nolan were in the back while my mom was in passenger seat and my dad was driving. I asked "how fast can this car go?" 

My dad said " about 130 miles, on full gear shift."

 "Wow" I said.

        When we finally got to Woodward it was packed with cars and people! This was my very first time being in the Woodward cruise, the other times I was just watching. Every few seconds we would stop at a stoplight with 9-12 cars in front of us. "This may take a while" i said, I asked "turn on the air conditioning its like 90 degrees outside!" My mom reached for it and turned it on. Although all the fans were in the front it still would feel better, the thing was as soon as we turned it on it only came out as hot air! So the air conditioning was a failure. So I decided to look for some cool cars, I saw some old mustangs, corvettes and motel-Ts and a few mercaties. My mom also pointed one out and said its something called a sting ray. I kept looking, I couldn't find another Porsche.

 We had been driving for at least two hours! When my brother Nolan said "I'm thirsty." 

My dad says "we are almost done."

    I looked out and saw more and more cars, I don't think I saw any Ferraris though. Finally my mom said "want an ice cream, were off Woodward now?" 

I said "sure, it is way too hot outside" so we went to DQ and got ice creams then drove home and were exhausted. It was fun to actually be in the cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment