Monday, March 3, 2014

AHW, Over fire cooking 1

My topic is over fire cooking. I know a lot about this topic because for the past two years at my summer camp (years 2013 and 2012.) I have done outdoor cooking which is basically learning how to build a fire, and cooking over one. I have done it for about five weeks on a camp schedule. I have learned how to make a fire, make Hot dogs,Garbage Can Pizza,Chicken Sandwiches,Pocket stew,Cherry pie and a few others.

My favorite thing to make out of those is probably the Trash Can Pizza, It may sound disgusting but its actually delicious. How you make it is... You start a fire, a big fire though it has to be big enough so you can put a trash can over it. You should also buy a brand new trash can (Make sure it is the metal trash can) ( You can use the same trash can over and over again for the pizza for different times you want to make this recipe.) You can make about three pizzas at the same time. You need.. French bread for the dough, tomato sauce, cheese. If you want to add toppings you could put any of them on it. you put the can sideways over the fire, take off the lid, and put in three of your pizzas max. If you want more you have to wait. When all your pizzas are in you put back the lid and bake them for about 15 minutes. Then once you wait you have your wonderful delicious pizza.

The pizza is my favorite thing to bake over a fire, i can make them well because I have a lot of experience of baking them. Also this is a camp recipe something from my camp in Cheyboygan MI,Its called walden And 2014 this year will be my third year. I really hope you like your pizza if you use this recipe.  I will try and put the others on my blog, if you want one pacific recipe comment and I will do it next time on my blog.   

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog! Trash can pizza sounds like fun! Glad you are having fun at camp!

    ReplyDelete